Lancashire Flood Recovery Appeal
Grants may be made for charitable purposes to relieve hardship in Lancashire caused by flooding in 2017. Funding is available from our Lancashire Flood Recovery Fund, which was originally established in 2015 following Storm Desmond and from new donations from the general public. Who can apply?
• individuals or families whose properties and contents have been damaged by floodingWe can provide support for the following:
• cleaning up
• emergency repairs
• food and drink
• heating and heating equipment
• outside areas/gardens
• child care equipment
• basic furniture
This is not an exhaustive list.Priority will be given to households with:
• people over 70
• children under five
• people with physical or learning disabilities or mental health needs (eg receiving Disability Living Allowance, Incapacity Benefit or Attendance Allowance)
• low incomes/people on benefitsWe will not normally fund:
• people who are fully insured (unless people have additional costs which are not covered or have a high insurance excess value)
• businessesHow much can you apply for?
Initial hardship grants are normally from £300 up to a maximum of £5000 in exceptional circumstances (this is dependent on available funding and number of applications received)
Further requests may be made after a month
The application form asks you for the name of a referee who is known to you and can vouch for your circumstances. The application form and details of how to apply are available on our website – www.lancsfoundation.org.uk One of the conditions of the grant is that recipients share the story of how the funds have helped them at this time.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact 0330 440 4900.