Lancaster Community Fund
Background Information: The fund was set up following the transfer of several dormant charity funds which had been left to Lancaster City Council in bequests and endowments but over the years had fallen dormant. The fund will also distribute additional grants from Lancaster City Council, on an ad hoc basis.
Who can apply: Voluntary or community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name.
What is the focus of the fund: The fund has three main priorities:
- Economic Growth
- Health and Wellbeing
- Clean, Green and Safer Places
How much is available: Grants of up to £500
Which areas are covered: Lancaster, Morecambe, Heysham and Carnforth and surrounding areas
Any special criteria: Priority will be given to those groups working in disadvantaged areas of the community and to smaller grassroots groups with low income levels.
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
- Equipment for youth club
- Activities for young people
- Training for volunteers
- Community sports activities
- Projects to reduce social isolation for vulnerable groups
- Cleaning up of grot spots
- Improvements to outdoor public spaces
- Social enterprise activities
- Money advice projects
Friday 8 February 2019
You need to ensure that the supporting documents listed below are included with your application.
- Acopy of your governing document ie your constitution or rules
- A copy of the group’s latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
- A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
- Copies of relevant policies, which have been reviewed in the last 2 years. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Safeguarding policies, Criminal Records Bureau checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help.