Click here to apply
What is the focus of the fund: The fund has been created to supportcommunity groups and charities that work to help vulnerable people particularly addressing issues of social and economic deprivation & isolation; debt and afford ability; mental health; ageing plus the environment that have a detrimental impact on their health and wellbeing.
How much is available: Grants of between £2,500 and £20,000. Grants can be awarded over a period of 1-2 years.
Who can apply: Registered charities, social enterprises, community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name.
Which areas are covered?
This is the final round of the fund and there is funding remaining to support groups working in the following Parliamentary Constituencies:
Wyre and Preston North
Any special criteria:
- Applications for grants at the higher end of the scale should include some clear, measurable and timed milestones that will aim to be achieved as a result of the grant.
- Applications for building work should provide three quotes for the work.
Costs that may be funded: This fund can consider operational costs for one off or continuing projects (e.g. sessional fees/equipment/volunteer costs), contribution towards core costs (including salaries) and building work (e.g. adaptions/renovations to community centres)
Closing date: Tuesday 31st October at 5pm
How to apply?
Please visit the Community Foundation for Lancashire’s website - www.lancsfoundation.org.uk and complete an online application form. Once you have submitted the online application you will need to send the documents listed below. If you do not submit all the relevant documents within 7 days your application will be withdrawn. You can now attach the documents to your online application, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to the address below.
Documents which need to be included with your application:
NB: If you have applied to us previously and have already submitted copies of the above documents within the last 12 months, you do not need to send them in again. However, a bank statement is required with every application.
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
- Statutory organisations or work that is their responsibility
- National organisations that cannot demonstrate local governance and control of local finances
- Commercial ventures
- Purchase/maintenance of vehicles
- Activities that will have already taken place before we offer you a grant
- Politically connected or exclusively religious activities
- Projects for personal profit
- Organisations that are set up for the benefit of animals or plants: environmental groups that work with animals or the environment (such as city farms) are acceptable
- Groups comprising just one family or organisations that have less than 3 unrelated management committee members/Directors/Trustees
- Debts and other liabilities
- Reclaimable VAT
- Travel outside UK
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
Click here to apply